About The Role:
Dotdash is looking for a remote content update editor for our travel site, Tripsavvy. Tripsavvy covers all regions of the world. As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
This remote position is ideal for someone who is looking to have steady, reliable editorial work. We are looking for editors who can commit to 15-20 hours a week of work.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- Source and add imagery that aligns with project guidelines and brand visual style
- At least 2 years experience writing or editing travel content for a digital or print publisher
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and write/edit content covering multiple regions and types of travel
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected]
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.