BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
This is a fully remote role affiliated with our team based in Europe.
About the Role:
Technical writers at BlockFi strive to make the development experience better for our team of global engineers by providing excellent documentation in the form of API docs, release notes, run-books, guides, and tutorials, as well as updating and editing existing content or content provided by other authors.
A BlockFi technical writer is responsible for consulting with internal clients throughout their development journey to create, maintain, and curate BlockFi documentation. An ideal candidate possesses both excellent written and verbal communication skills, has a keen eye for detail, and has some experience with OpenAPI.
At BlockFi, technical writers are part of the Product department. The Product department’s number one objective is to reliably deliver products that meet the needs of the business and our clients. That primary objective of product delivery is supported by documentation.
- Review and edit internal documentation written by engineers and other technical writers.
- Write new content including guides, runbooks, how-tos, overviews, changelogs, and more.
- Become a product SME by working closely with development teams.
- Collaborate with developers to produce well-documented projects.
- Work with OpenAPI spec.
- Help developers who have documentation related questions.
- Enhance and maintain the internal documentation site.
- Contribute to the overall documentation efforts of the company.
- Mentor new technical writers.
- You are passionate about documentation.
- You have experience with Git, Linux or Mac development tools, and OpenAPI.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- You have experience writing or editing documentation about software.
- You understand what makes good software documentation.
- You have experience working with software development teams.
- You enjoy working independently and are highly organized.
- You thrive in a remote work environment with globally distributed co-workers.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.