Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! Our team of bold, innovative, and creative teammates is what makes us the top startup to work for. FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it’s time to apply.
FreightWaves’ SONAR is the leading freight forecasting platform in the industry, and its newest release, TRAC, provides the freshest spot rate data in the market. FreightWaves is seeking a content creator with logistics experience who can understand the proprietary data, identify trends and key developments, and disseminate the information on our various platforms. Candidates should be comfortable generating written content, engaging in social media platforms, and making multimedia appearances.
**** This position is 100% remote.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor TRAC and SONAR freight forecasts and data to produce daily news and reports
- Work with FreightWaves Market Experts to identify and mine key developments and trends
- Publish several articles per week utilizing WordPress
- Research articles through fact-checking and other industry resources
- Contribute copy to relevant publications and the online news service
- Write research/commentary to showcase our unique insights to readers
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events as a TRAC expert
- Appearing on FreightWavesTV and podcasts to give in-depth analysis of spot rate developments and its impact on the freight industry
What you bring to the table:
- 2 years of experience in journalism or logistics
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Logistics or a related area preferred, but not required.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and data and create a compelling story supported by the facts and trends
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep knowledge of financial markets and corporate finance activity
- A passion for the unique story and ability to create content that will serve both professionals and a broader audience
- Ability to partner with individuals and groups from multiple functions and organizations, especially ability to collaborate with other analysts
- Ability to convey difficult subjects to ideas and sound bites that the average lay person can understand and attract media attention
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2,000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (max one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership while COVID is still a part of our daily lives)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.