Symetra is seeking a top-notch Financial Services Sr. Content Copywriter to join our team Retirement Marketing team!
About the role
The Lead Retirement Copywriter will develop and lead Retirement Division’s content strategy to include timely, clear messaging making complex financial language and concepts understandable, compelling, and compliant. Perform research and create content about products, services and financially related value add content to drive brand awareness and sales. Curate content that positions the Symetra brand in the financial services retirement space as a trusted partner.
As the Sr. Copywriter you will be responsible for working across Sales, Distribution and Product to develop compelling marketing copy that helps readers to understand the topic matter and motivates them to act.
What you will do
- Writing copy for participant engagement materials from a B2B to B2C perspective moving them along in the sales funnel.
- Writing copy as needed for executive marketing leadership.
- Developing thought leadership and practice management content.
- Exceptional at collaborating with peers, managers, and creative directors on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of content– for all media (print, digital, social).
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinate with partners in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of marketing materials.
What we offer you
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overviewopens a pdf file
Base Salary: $78,900 – $131,500 plus eligibility for annual bonus program
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in English or Journalism or equivalent experience
- 8 years of corporate and or agency copywriting experience
- Experience writing copy for the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated success creating innovative marketing concepts as well as executing integrated campaigns.
- Strong conceptual skills and experience collaborating with design partners, SMEs and others within a professional work environment
- Ability to develop innovative solutions for a broad range of marketing initiatives including sales materials, direct marketing, email marketing, advertising, event marketing, web content, videos, mobile platforms, social media and other marketing vehicles
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinating with peers in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness of marketing materials.
- 6 or 7 FINRA license
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.