Salem Web Network, LLC
Salem Web Network, LLC is seeking an SEO (search engine optimization) Content Editor with excellent editing and content creation skills, experience with digital marketing, a familiarity with the faith-based marketplace, and passion for creating powerful content. This position can be in-house or remote.
The SEO Content Editor works closely with the Director of Marketing and Salem’s Editorial Department and Email Department to communicate content needs, topic coverage, and consistent best practices across sites and departments. This position will help insure higher organic rankings and traffic for Salem’s network of sites by auditing, analyzing and creating SEO-focused content that will deliver results. Qualified candidates will have experience with online content writing and editing, marketing and SEO, including reading and understanding basic code, website architecture, website usability, and project/campaign management.
The right candidate will be excited by the idea of delivering the highest quality spiritual life and family articles to a Christian audience and will be instrumental in helping engage readers through trending search articles as well as evergreen Christian questions and topics.
- Write and edit SEO-focused content creation including copywriting, headlines, meta information, etc.
- Creating fresh, engaging content that is both timely as well as evergreen
- Editing and revitalizing existing content to have higher performance in search engines and user experience
- Conduct industry research to find new potential targets for keyword rankings
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Editorial Department with SEO strategy development and online customer acquisition plans designed to maximize site traffic and sales demand
- Track and measure SEO goals and tactics
- Utilize analytical and research tools for keywords, backlinks, PPC, page rank, social presence, competitive intelligence
- Keeping up-to-date with latest industry trends, technology and changes
- Will display a strong work ethic and operate productively in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Must demonstrate a basic understanding of evangelical Christian culture and familiarity with our audience’s interests, behavior and values.
- Work with Director of Marketing in developing and executing online customer acquisition plans designed to maximize site traffic and email acquisition
- BA/BS degree
- Ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in search engine optimization, online marketing, marketing program management, or consulting
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, specifically for web pages
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and HTML
- Experience with SEO analysis tools, PPC tools, back link analyzers, and competitive intelligence reporting is a plus
- Experience with developing and executing link building strategies
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of Salem Web Network’s strategic and competitive position
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.