The Hustle is a digital media operation that provides smart business insights and analysis to an entrepreneurial-minded audience. We are a subsidiary of HubSpot, a fast-growing software maker that helps companies build and scale their businesses.
This role is ideal for an experienced, versatile writer capable of generating big ideas at the intersection of business and technology.
You will become an integral part of our remote writing team responsible for producing our flagship daily email read by 1.5+ million people around the world. Our timely, smart, and engaging stories have become an indispensable source of information on the day’s most important business and tech news.
You’ll also contribute to our popular Sunday long-form features and help us build loyalty with readers through creative social engagements.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate distinctive story ideas by developing a deep network of sources and knowing where to look for data that identifies business trends
- Produce a mix of fast-turning and longer, more deeply reported pieces that help our subscribers understand market changes and make smarter business decisions
- Be comfortable wearing many hats as we adapt to meet our audience’s needs
What You’ll Bring:
- A demonstrated ability to identify shifts in business and technology and write stories that inform and delight a highly educated audience
- A demonstrated ability to write stories that generate buzz
- A creative mindset and ability to deliver clean copy under deadline pressure
- Experience gathering and interpreting data and information from a variety of sources
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Remote team
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly book stipend
- Team happy hours and activities
- A chance to help create and shape indispensable editorial products and services that serve a global audience
What we need from you:
Please briefly describe why you’re a good fit for this position, two ideas for a Sunday story, one project you’re particularly proud of, and what your dream job would be. You can include your responses in this application or email them to our director of content, Brad Wolverton ([email protected]), with “senior writer opening” in the subject line. We won’t read your application without this information.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism. We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience. For us, having a person with the right mindset and temperament is most important.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.