Joy is the smarter way to plan your big day, and that is ultimately a result of the unique culture of our team. We are looking for a Senior Brand Copywriter to join our team and support our quickly-growing brand!
This person will work closely with our design and marketing teams to wield Joy’s brand voice in its many manifestations, from marketing materials to customer experiences.
This person will be responsible for crafting copy that builds a strong connection with our existing customers, drives new interest, and solidifies our rapidly growing brand.
Passion, thoughtfulness, empathy, and an eye for details are just words—paired together they quickly become borderline clichés, even. But words matter. Whether in a job description, product email, or marketing headline, words are hard, and words make the difference between good enough and truly great.
Our team’s values and commitment to improving the way people plan and celebrate the most important event of their lives can be hard to convey without walking a careful line between genuine and cliché, joyful and saccharine, unique and try-hard.
Joy is looking for someone undaunted by this challenge; someone interested in pushing past the generic white lace of the wedding industry to find a more profound message.
This job is a contract position with the potential to become a full-time position.
What You’ll Do
- Write high-quality copy from concept to execution within Joy’s brand tone and guidelines
- Craft brand messaging across a range of internally and externally-facing touch points, including advertising, emails, landing pages, etc.
- Help to guide content strategy across all channels and audiences
- Collaborate closely with our designers and design director on high-level concepts and final executions
- Participate in the creative “chicken or egg” process of producing great creative
- Clarify complex topics into easy-to-understand language
- Become fluent in, and help contribute to Joy’s writing style guide and best practices to help maintain consistent copy treatment across all Joy content
- Find opportunities for whimsy, fun, and personality wherever appropriate
- Develop an understanding of current and future product offerings, and articulate clear value propositions for them, both internally with key stakeholders and externally for our users
- Assess projects and provide recommendations on the scope and type of copywriting support needed
- Proactively develop solutions for scaling on-brand copy across teams, projects, and channels
- Proof final deliverables to ensure that final content appears as intended
To be a great candidate for this position, you:
- Demonstrate exceptional grammar, spelling, and sentence structuring skills
- Are a stickler for details
- Are a master of time management with an ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines without missing a beat
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen, and a commitment to learning and growing through feedback
- Prioritize and understand the importance of representation, striving to avoid gender, sexual, and racial normativism and stereotypes because the world is a better place when we all feel safe and free to be ourselves
- Feel comfortable working on short-form content
- Work from concept to execution, brainstorming and collaborating with designers and stakeholders
- Have a proven ability to craft compelling narratives that drive engagement and action
- Are proactive, taking responsibility for your work and getting things across the finish line. You will follow up to ensure things get resolved
- Passionate about, and committed to, doing quality work
- Have a sense of humor, both in your work and with those you work with, and you know how and when to use it
- Have 7-10 years of experience working on consumer brands in an agency, freelance, or in-house setting
Joy is a wedding software company that combines beautiful design with intuitive technology to give couples a smarter way to plan their big day. Using Joy, couples can create a beautifully-designed wedding website and mobile app, create their wedding registry, manage guest lists, send digital or printed save the dates and invitations, track RSVPs, host virtual wedding events, and more.
Based in San Francisco, Joy was founded in 2016 and is a Y Combinator graduate. Visit withjoy.com to see why couples around the world are planning their weddings with Joy.
We’re looking for all kinds of people
To build a service that brings joy to people all around the world, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
We want to have the best people in every job. Joy policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.