The Script Writer for Learning.com is responsible for writing narrative stories that effectively teach digital skills to students. They can create new stories from scratch as well as modify existing narratives to adapt with changing requirements. The Script Writer will work alongside the content development team and user community to gather information about key learning objectives to make educational content that is fun and engaging for students.
The Script Writer has an interest in creative writing, passion about children’s literature, and a drive to improve learning experiences. They are a clear and considerate communicator, enjoy building relationships, value teamwork, and have a passion for executing effectively.
- Write interactive dialogue for children’s educational training modules
- Work with SMEs to translate their knowledge and expertise into compelling narratives
- Work with learning designers to ensure interactive narratives effectively teach key learning points
- Create personae and backstories for interactive characters
- Work collaboratively in a team of designers
- Revise writing work as a result of feedback from SMEs, team members, and stakeholders
- Research subject matter with guidance from SMEs
- Pitch ideas internally to team members and stakeholders
- Provide additional support to ongoing learning experience design projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Individual contributor
- Strong content writing skills
- Strong understanding of narrative structure
- Ability to write interactive dialogue
- Solid ability to integrate learning goals into narrative structures
- Ability to write, iterate, and revise work under tight deadlines
- Ability to brainstorm, collaborate with a team, and generate constructive feedback on narrative content
- Ability to work and write collaboratively with a team
To apply for this job please visit learningjobs.applicantpool.com.