WorkMonger, an algorithm-enabled talent matching service for the education sector, seeks a dynamic and talented Content Writer to create compelling blog posts, white papers, sales and service enablement materials, webinars, PowerPoints, social media content and web copy.
We’re looking for someone who will help us expand our digital footprint and drive more value through online content. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that increase engagement and drive leads.
This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Preference will be given to those with experience in the education sector, a strong writing portfolio, a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Manage the full-cycle development of four long-form (3,000+ Word) blog posts per month focused on both our JobSeeker and Employer audiences as well as our two media properties (WorkMonger and TrulyHired).
- Create content marketing campaigns to drive employer leads and JobSeeker enrollment.
- Use SEO best practices in writing to generate traffic to our sites.
- Regularly produce various content types, including email, social media posts, blogs and white papers.
- Actively manage and promote our blog, as well as pitch articles to relevant third-party platforms.
- Edit content produced by other members of the team.
- Analyze content marketing metrics and makes changes as needed.
- Collaborate with the entire WorkMonger team to create innovative content ideas.
- Research education sector job seeking and employment topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies).
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services.
- Prepare well-structured drafts.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Submit work to editors and reviewers for input and approval.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Promote content on social media.
- Identify stakeholder needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Update website content as needed.
- Four year degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a related field preferred.
- Experience in the K-12 education sector and/or K-12 educational equity required.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- At least two years of experience writing for a B2B and B2C audience.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Ability to manage and direct the editorial workflow.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.