The Balance family of brands, including The Balance, The Balance Careers, and The Balance Small Business, deliver clear, practical, and straightforward personal financial advice to nearly 21 million people in the U.S. each month.
About Your Role:
The Balance is looking for a remote editor to join our growing team. As an editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to improve the user experience and drive additional traffic. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a wide variety of topics and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, and more
- At least two years experience writing or editing in the business and finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following: human resources/hiring/resume-writing, small business financing/marketing, real estate, debt management, paying for college (before and after), portfolio diversification, dividend investing, and value investing
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Experience as a financial adviser, banker, mortgage broker, or similar profession a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus
Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.