Do your friends come to you with grammar questions? Is your copy of Strunk and White’s Elements of Style particularly well loved? Do you delight in spotting typos on and off the web, at the grocery store, and in emails from friends and family? Then we want to talk to you. We are looking for a proud punctuation and grammar geek to help copyedit all things POPSUGAR. Meticulous attention to detail, knowledge of pop culture, and an ability to be flexible are a must.
• Copyedit various POPSUGAR content (editorial content, sales materials, marketing materials, videos, and more) for grammar, punctuation, clarity, voice, style, accuracy, and spelling.
• Attend biweekly copy team meetings and editorial staff meetings as needed.
• Work the weekend shift and part-time Monday-Wednesday.
• 1-2 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field (required)
• 1-2 years of online copyediting experience (required)
• A thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and AP and Chicago style (required)
• A knowledge of online media
• A love for and knowledge of all things pop culture
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• HTML skills (preferred)
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR. This job is part-time, evenings and weekends. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.