Minute Media is looking for an east coast based soccer writer to join our 90min team. The successful applicant would become a part of 90min’s english content team, working on an initial part-time basis with potential for growth to a full-time role based on role availability.
The ideal candidate should have past sports journalism experience and a huge interest in soccer. The main task will be to help 90min gain a foothold in the US soccer space by creating timely and exclusive content for our US edition.
We’re looking for self-starters with an appetite to break stories and chase interviews, while an editorial eye is a huge plus.The ideal candidate should have knowledge of modern soccer and its recent history, with a desire to cover MLS and the NWSL, as well as both the USWNT & USMNT.
What You Have:
– 2-3 years of experience as a journalist or editor – preferably in soccer
– Desire to chase, conduct and publish interviews with key figures in the game
– Knowledge of modern soccer, as well as its history
-Great organisational skills – you’ll need to be able to manage your time effectively
– Excellent spelling and grammar
– Ability to put together engaging and concise articles that are of interest to our audience
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong and active social media presence
– Pride to represent the 90min brand at events on the ground or in a stadium
– A good network of contacts in the soccer industry
– Comfortable in front of a camera
– Able to speak, write and edit content in Spanish
– Photoshop skills
Knowledge of the European game and its major leagues and competitions is also desired.
– A stack of ingrained, biased, mostly unsubstantiated footballing opinions you would be willing to die for
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.