Sakara Life is a fast-growing lifestyle brand that is building the future of health and wellness. Sakara’s organic, plant-based meal program and healthy snacks are loved by Gwyneth Paltrow, Lily Aldridge and countless other celebrities, and is regularly seen in the New York Times, Vogue, and major lifestyle publications.
We are seeking a talented and experienced researcher/editor to support us in the production of our soon-to-be-launched podcast. This will be a part-time, contracted position estimated at 10-15 hours per month. Most of that time will be spent remotely – researching, script writing and editing but you will also attend two live recordings per month (approx 90 minutes per recording) and meet/Zoom conference with our podcast hosts for 1 hour per episode to walk through scripts and edits.
- Research podcast guests and/or topics thoroughly, with a focus on new/novel/little known facts and breaking research that will excite and inspire our very educated listeners
- Draft guest intros, talking points, and key questions to drive conversations and create episodes that are informative, unexpected and engaging.
- Facilitate pre-recording collaboration sessions with the podcast hosts to discuss, flesh out, and edit each Episode Brief you have prepared
- Attend bi-monthly recordings in NYC and ensure Episode Briefs are adhered to and that all important talking points are hit during the 60-90 minute sessions.
- Edit each recorded episode (from a digitally prepared transcription) for succinctness and narrative clarity.
- Provide constructive feedback to the hosts and production team throughout the process to ensure our show is “best in class” and constantly optimizing.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in podcasting, scriptwriting, journalism or other forms of storytelling.
- A podcast addict! You listen to all types of podcasts and know what makes them worthy of hitting that subscribe button.
- A skilled technical writer who can learn and understand the Sakara voice.
- A curious and creative researcher who loves deep diving into individuals and meaty topics to pull out unexpected and intriguing novel information.
- Passion for & knowledge of nutrition, wellness, spirituality or other key topics in the Sakara universe.
- A confident in-person communicator who isn’t afraid to give direction and candid feedback.
- A decently flexible schedule, based in NYC.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.