Flipboard is an award-winning curation platform, where people go to understand our time and share the stories that are worth our time. On Flipboard quality articles, videos, podcasts and products are curated every day for millions of people around the world. It is a platform that lets people spend time on their interests, develop deeper understanding and share the best ideas with others by collecting them into their own Flipboard Magazines and Storyboards.
We are looking for a talented writer to create engaging, original content for our blogs. You will collaborate with our editorial and communications team leads to create ideas for blog posts that are intended for various professional audiences, including educators, marketers, advertisers and content creators.
Besides excellent writing and editing skills, this part-time role requires experience with interviewing, conducting online research and meeting tight deadlines. This is a part-time, contractor role for 10 hours per week. The duration of this contract is 6 months.
- Create copy for 1-2 posts per week for Flipboard’s blogs
- Brainstorm with Flipboard team member ideas for interesting and relevant content
- Research topics using online sources as well as Flipboard’s own platform
- Interview educators, marketers and other professionals
- Ensure style and format consistency
- Create eye-catching headlines
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with basic online research and interviewing
- Great communicator, who is creative and collaborative
- Understanding of or familiarity with the target audiences
- Excellent grammar
- Familiarity with SEO is a plus
- Journalistic experience is also a plus
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.