Wild Sky Media
Wild Sky Media, located in the heart of New York City, develops a wildly original group of parenting brands that collectively speak to the most diverse group of women ever to enter motherhood. Our revenue is derived from advertising, in the form of custom content, video and influencer campaigns, as well as high-impact and standard media offerings – both direct-sold and programmatic.
You are a creative, self-driven, multitasker with a deep knowledge of digital media and the parenting landscape who has a passion for helping parents and parents-to-be on this crazy journey called parenthood. You also love writing engaging headlines, finding diverse new writers and keeping up with the latest social media trends.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Editor to work closely with the Editorial Director to enhance and keep the Mom.com brand competitive. This role will help ideate, plan and execute new content series — both on the site and on social media— all while driving site traffic and increasing engagement. They will help oversee our roster of contributors and interns, have lots of creative ideas and embrace new approaches to storytelling the journey of parenthood from trying to conceive to pregnancy to the baby years and beyond.
- Help set and maintain the editorial calendar for the year
- Edit/manage a roster of freelance writers and the Editorial Intern
- Help discover and bring on fresh writers/talent throughout the year
- Write original stories for the site as needed
- In conjunction with other editors, help produce original social media content
- Utilize analytics to inform editorial decisions
- Ideate creative and engaging editorial series’ throughout the year
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in digital media, preferably in the parenting/lifestyle domains
- Self-motivated and strong multitasker who can take on multiple projects at once and handle them all with grace
- The ability to identify trending news and viral trends
- Knowledge of how to operate social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest), analytics (Google Analytics)
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to work with many people, across different departments, to get projects done
- An orientation toward forming team unity, possess high energy, and building a career with passion and heart
This position will be fully remote. This position is temp to perm and will not be eligible for benefits until the first of the month after they come on as a full-time employee.
More about us
Wild Sky Media is the largest portfolio of owned and operated Parenting and Family sites in the US. We publish premier websites such as Mom.com, Cafemom, LittleThings, MamasLatinas, and Revelist, reaching over 34M monthly uniques with over 70M social followers. We are headquartered in NYC with team members all over the United States and have a robust creative services team in Bangkok.
Wild Sky Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.