The Spruce Home, Pets, and Crafts is looking for experienced remote editors. As a content update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact-checkers who work on existing articles to improve the reader experience and ensure the accuracy of all of our content, old and new. Update editors might perform research, revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, improve formatting, and/or improve the SEO value of their assigned articles.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and four clips that demonstrate their writing or editing skills. All successful candidates will need to complete a short edit test that confirms their expertise and editing skills.
Update editors must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). Applicants must live in the United States. The rate for this contract position is $25 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles and revise content using editorial judgment and project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material and, where appropriate, make dated content evergreen
- Note where images need improvement
- Copy edit, fact check, and potentially rewrite content
- At least 4 years experience writing/editing in the home, pets, and/or crafts spaces, preferably for a digital brand
- Applicants should be well-versed in several of the following:
- Home: decor trends, event planning, cleaning and organizing, home renovations, and gardening
- Pets: knowledge of or ability to research breed and species profiles
- Crafts: DIY, needlecrafts, hobbies, and gameplay
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP style
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and able to work independently and accurately
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.