If you’re a writer and want to reach a large audience of people interested in mental health, we hope you’ll consider blogging for us. We are looking for diverse mental health bloggers (paid contract positions) only in the following areas:
- Alcohol addiction
- Coping with depression
- Treating anxiety
- Bipolar from a young adult’s perspective
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Building self-esteem
- Parenting a child who has a mental illness
- Mental health from a young adult’s perspective
- Borderline personality disorder
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and mental health issues
- Binge eating disorder
- Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Verbal abuse in relationships
- Relationships and mental illness
- Living a blissful life
- Recovering from mental illness
- Eating disorders
- Mental illness in the family
- Work and bipolar or depression
Note: You must choose one or more of the above subject areas and you must have lived experience with that topic.
Here are the requirements:
- We are looking for people with lived experience and a depth of knowledge in their topic.
- Your legal name and picture will be placed on the blog. You may not post as “anonymous.”
- You must be 21 or over.
- You must be a technically proficient writer who can write compelling, original content. To give you an example of what we consider to be good writing, please see here and here.
- You need to be able to speak out on topics relating to your subject and be willing to share pertinent and personal experiences.
- You must do compelling videos. All bloggers are required to do at least one video blog post a month.
- You must be able to promote your blog via your website, Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
- You must be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- You must be willing to make a one-year commitment to blogging with us.
- You need to be reliable and self-motivated.
- You must be able to use a blogging platform and knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.healthyplace.com.