US | UK | Remote & Freelance Position
We’re looking for a dedicated Gaming Feature Editor (full-time and part-time positions available) to provide gaming-related coverage at CBR.com.
Candidates should be experts in the field of Gaming, with up-to-the-minute knowledge of breaking news and an in-depth understanding of the latest industry trends. We want researchers whose fingers are on the pulse of the gaming world, and who know exactly where to look for its most exciting developments.
CBR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and wants to hear YOUR voice. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, while always on the search for skilled and passionate individuals to make an impact within the industry. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
- Edit/Write a minimum of 10 news articles daily; (6 articles part-time)
- 8-hour shifts (4-hour shifts part-time); (Mon-Fri)
- Identify news stories for CBR.com;
- Craft headlines, blurbs and peripheral text to capture new and existing traffic
- Optimize SEO to capture search traffic;
- Create or identify eye-catching images;
- Assign, edit and provide regular feedback to the Gaming freelance writing team;
- Identify new areas of growth for CBR Gaming;
- Track and analyze traffic trends to identify best practices and areas for future growth;
- Communicate with external media partners on behalf of CBR;
- Conduct any and all other tasks as given by the Lead Editor or Senior Staff.
- Cover Letter (demonstrate your knowledge of popular games and why you’re a good fit)
- 2-3 links to samples of published written work
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of gaming history, an expert on video game characters past and present.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: www.cbr.com
This is a freelance, remote and contracted position
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.