SlashGear is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our news team.
Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on consumer tech and gadgets and/or automotive news and feature content similar to SlashGear. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter.
Dedicated to highlighting the latest and greatest in personal technology since 2005, SlashGear covers everything from cutting-edge tech gear to the latest digital lifestyle trends. Distinctive, informative, and fresh, we’ll keep bringing you device information and reviews you can trust as well as thought-provoking commentary.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300 to 800 word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content shared on SlashGear
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.