Conservify (Conservify.org) is an open conservation technology firm that empowers conservationists and communities to tackle environmental challenges by lowering the barrier to entry for effective conservation. Through the development of new accessible technology built to disrupt the current market, Conservify is breaking new ground in the democratization of conservation activities and data.
As part of their mission to build an “open conservation” community, Conservify is currently developing an innovative new product called FieldKit, due to launch in 2020. The product is an open-source software and hardware sensor platform that optimizes data collection and sharing from the field. The product will be low cost and easy to use, and will bridge the gap between hard science and storytelling by facilitating data storytelling through engaging visualizations and built-in connections to social media. The first of its kind in the conservation space, it has the potential to revolutionize conservation technology.
Conservify is seeking a hands-on Technical Writer with strong content strategy and writing skills to help us build FieldKit’s online open source library. The ideal candidate is skilled at organizing the overall content framework and writing content within it. They can turn dry or complicated material into understandable concepts that inform and excite readers.
They are a proactive problem-solver with excellent communication and fact-checking skills, and confident meeting tight deadlines with local and remote teams. They must have a passion for conservation technology, and be excited to engage a passionate open source community. Experience writing technical documentation or instruction materials for B2C software companies is a plus.
If you meet the below criteria and want to see your work impact positively on the environment and our planet’s natural treasures, then we want to speak with you.
Position to start immediately.
- Attend meetings and analyze client research and literature
- Conduct thoughtful research to understand project requirements, competitive landscape, and how target audiences think
- Recommend and create a content framework, and write content that meets project goals, user and business needs
- Communicate with client regarding feedback for revisions
- 4+ years working in a SaaS or other technology company either in engineering or in a customer facing role, preferably with open source communities
- 3+ years experience with copywriting or copyediting for B2C sales or marketing organizations
- Comfortable using Slack, Google Docs, remote conference software
- Experience with the processes of software and hardware development, and fabrication
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing samples to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com