Instrument is excited to connect with writers who are open to contract engagements for immediate and future needs with the agency. We are looking for enthusiastic collaborators who are passionate about their craft and flexible in their work engagements, joining our teams for a few months, a few weeks or just a few days. We encourage you to submit your materials with as much detail as possible so we are able to thoughtfully consider you for freelance needs as they arise.
We’re looking for writers to contribute to every imaginable type of project, and advocate for the importance of well-chosen words in every space. From finely-tuned marketing copy for websites to bold brand manifestos, you’re fluent in the digital space and can weigh the importance of every ounce of copy. As a consummate word nerd, you know how to balance perfect grammar with the cadence of a brand’s voice and tone. At every stage in a project’s life-cycle, you find, manifest, and sharpen narratives; uncovering insights and crafting language that anchors and inspires teammates and clients. You’ll most often be embedded in our team, rather than working as a satellite, so your contributions will be fully integrated into our workflow.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clearly, quickly, and efficiently
- Become an embedded member of a multi-disciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment with diverse perspectives and expertise
- Dive into understanding a client’s business and care about their problems
- Help synthesize insights from project discovery to empower your team
- Provide options and rationale as your work is considered by teammates and clients alike
- Craft concepts, narratives, marketing and UX copy, manifestos, scripts, storyboards, and whatever other deliverables communicate a client’s message
- Write in a human voice for technical concepts and digital products
- Collaborate inclusively and openly with multi-disciplinary teammates and clients
What You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrated experience shipping exceptional work, with your role clearly defined on each project in your portfolio
- Experience working on cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to move quickly to prove out ideas
- Strong understanding of current industry tools with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strategic problem-solving skills and the capacity to distill complex information into meaningful concepts, ideas, and designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, humility, and a passion for doing great work
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.