Yardbarker is a sports news and information website. We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Freelance Digital Shift Editor to join our growing team. Yardbarker is committed to delivering sports news as it happens and works with a number of content providers and distribution platforms. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us grow and achieve our goals. This is a great opportunity to edit for a leading sports site with significant distribution on third party platforms.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. The candidate must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and special events. Shifts range from 4-8 hours at a time. Candidates will be compensated for their work on an hourly basis. US-based applicants only please.
Here are the Freelance Shift Editor responsibilities:
- Review content and correct any errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, or underlying facts
- Check copy for readability, style, and tone and make revisions as needed
- Make and/or review photo selection choices related to stories or photo galleries
- Create and edit photo captions for maximum effect and accuracy
- Distribute relevant content on Social platforms and to third party syndication platforms
Here are the Freelance Shift Editor qualifications we’re looking for:
- You have edited for a mainstream website
- At least 3 years relevant editing experience
- Deep interest and knowledge of sports
- Strong news judgment
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a remote environment
- A strong background in copy editing with a keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy
- Expertise working with content management systems, photo services, Slack, and other collaboration tools
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook and familiarity with SEO best practices
- Comfortable with fast pace and deadline-driven responsibility
- Excellent communicator
What we need from you:
- Shift Availability
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.