Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love.
Write for our blog
We’re looking for paid freelance writers who will create original content (articles, quizzes, news write-ups, etc.) for our blog, centered around exciting recently-released books. We’re seeking skilled writers who are able to adapt to our brand voice and establish authority in the genres in which they’re writing. Ideal candidates are also comfortable working under tight deadlines to produce well-researched and accurate content.
Please note that this is not a full-time position.
We’re looking for freelance writers who:
- Love to read and have an impressive portfolio of online writing about books
- Are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about one or more of the following genres: Buzzy Bestselling Fiction, Historical Fiction, Literary Fiction, Mysteries, Thrillers, True Crime, Dystopian, Nonfiction, Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy
- Want to write and produce book lists, reviews, quizzes, trend pieces, news pieces, book adaptation coverage, and other fun ways to help readers discover new books
- Are excited to write for an audience of millions of readers
- Are willing to commit to a minimum of 4 articles / month
- Have experience with WordPress, as we’ll ask that all deliverables be within WP & our other in-house CMS system
- Rate: range of $75 to $100 for standard pieces.
- This role will not require pitching article ideas. Rather, we will assign articles on a weekly basis around specific books. These will range from 500-1k word pieces profiling a new book or the inspiration behind the book (ex: Everything to Know Before Reading Margaret Atwood’s New Novel), or a list of book recommendations featuring freelancer-written blurbs on each book (ex: 3 New Science Fiction Books Everyone Is Currently Talking About). Writers are not require to read all of the books they cover, with the exception of reviews (which will be compensated differently).
- This role is for BookBub’s consumer content, which is in no way related to BookBub’s Featured Deals. Contributing to the BookBub Blog does not impact an author’s Featured Deal submission.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.