Founded in 2018, Setting Mind is a multimedia company based in Toronto, Canada that embraces the beauty of life and the extraordinariness of human beings. Publishing aesthetically pleasing, intriguing and factual content with the purpose of informing, educating and inspiring, Setting Mind is committed to upholding the highest principles of journalistic standards.
To learn more, visit our website at www.settingmind.com
JOB TITLE: Freelance article writer
REPORTS TO: Editor-in-chief
OVERVIEW: Setting Mind is currently seeking those who are success driven to join the team as a freelance article writer. This is a remote position with compensation being a rate per word. Byline is offered.
- Proficient use of the English language in written form.
- Ability to learn and implement Canadian Press Style.
- Able to work independently and under instructions.
- A perfectionist who obsesses on the details.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Professional communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in programs including (but not limited to); WordPress, Email, and more.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- A keen eye for the visually appealing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write intriguing and relevant articles.
- Collaborate in the research and generating of topic ideas.
- Rigorous proofreading of your own writing and others.
- Other related duties.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter. Also, include your rate per word.
Applications without a cover letter will be disregarded. Applications with a generic, copy and pasted cover letter will also be disregarded.
Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to our email, jobapplication(at)settingmind.com with the subject formatted “Freelance article writer – your name”.
You can also find our contact information at https://settingmind.com/contact/
To apply for this job please visit jobapplication(at)settingmind.com.