Freelance writer rate + site credits + various perks
Minimum 3-month commitment & min. 1 feature per month
Location: Anywhere in the known universe with an internet connection OR from our offices in LA or Mexico City
Our publication is growing quickly and we’re looking for a team of talented freelance critics to write about the ever-expanding world of indie film, filmmaking, film festivals, and content streaming.
Our target audience is Gen Z, Gen X, and Millennials. We aim to keep our audience entertained about entertainment.
We foster a culture of communication, community, teamwork, and collaboration. Join us now!
What you’ll look like:
- Film & TV obsessive
- You know your Kurosawa from your Kubrick, your Lynch from your Leigh, your Girls from your Broad City.
- High achiever
- You (think you) understand the way the film & TV industries works.
- You know how to use web searches to learn new skills.
- Dedicated lifelong learner
- Looking for a new challenge
- Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results
- Able to prioritize your workload
- You think change in Hollywood is long overdue.
- Impressive portfolio of published articles
- Desire to work as a journalist or editor
- Understanding of the way online publications work
- You know A LOT about film and TV.
- Words are just about your favorite thing.
- You live on the internet.
- You can take a complicated story and cut it down to 280 characters.
What we can offer
- Access to stream endless films & TV
- Paid rates per article
- Full credit/author page
- As few or as many hours as you’d like
- Film Daily is looking for the voices of your generation
- You’re a film snob with strong opinions.
- You fancy yourself as the next Roger Ebert.
- We need contributors for our hungry website.
- Must have some social media and WordPress experience
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.