We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
- This role will serve as the lead producer for Calm’s Work Life vertical, a growing content category that helps users thrive in the workplace
- This position reports to the Director of Mindfulness, and supports all areas of the audio production process. Responsibilities include:
- Development: developing new projects and series, researching and recruiting new instructors, collaborating with instructors to plan programming and refine scripts
- Production and Post: managing recording sessions, reviewing assemblies and mixes during post-production, coordinating with the Content Operations team to support the production process
- Serve as lead producer on an ambitious slate of mindfulness and professional development audio programming
- Research and develop new series
- Develop production plans
- Provide editorial support to talent (notes, revisions)
- Manage studio recordings
- Support Audio team with QC reviews on assemblies, mixes
- Collaborate with various internal teams to launch new series
- Support Talent team with pitch documents for prospective instructors
- Coordinate launch plans with B2B, Marketing, Social, and Lifecycle teams
- Work with Content Ops team for scheduling, production management
- Coordinate with Legal team to manage writer and narrator agreements
- Passion for mindfulness and wellness
- Candidates must have a long-term meditation practice, preferably one that is based in secular mindfulness and Vipassana/Insight teachings
- Familiarity with other meditation practices and teachings is also helpful
- Strong grasp of the mindfulness landscape (apps, books, courses)
- Stellar experience producing content in scripted nonfiction formats and genres focused on professional development
- Formats such as podcasts, courses, documentary, tv series
- Genres such as leadership, wellness, mindfulness, personal growth
- Well-rounded balance of creative, producing, and business skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Independent, autonomous, and entrepreneurial
- Generalist understanding of all stages in the production process
- Solid track record as a producer:
- Portfolio of past work
- Bonus: Background producing audio content, directing VO recordings
- Editorial skills:
- Experience working with writers
- Developmental and stylistic editing
- Ability to quickly assess a script for clarity, voice, tone, and storytelling
- Knack for giving incisive notes in a clear, collaborative manner
- Bonus: background as a writer
- Sharp communication skills: verbal, writing, presentation
- Excellent project management skills
- Calm under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Adaptability and strong desire to learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a growing technology enterprise (software tools, remote work, flexible hours, fast pace)
- Assertive: Able to communicate among teammates to get things done
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.