A digitally focused healthcare agency in New York City, NY is immediately looking for an Editor Remote. This is a contract position through December 2021.
- Develop a knowledge of the brand and strategy for each of the products assigned.
- Work independently with supervision while communicating and collaborating with team members and keeping them abreast of any significant timing, fact checking, or editorial issues.
- Consistently update supervisor with account information including workload, timing, and other issues .
- Edit and fact-check copy according to Client, Brand, and AMA style.
- Build and maintain working relationships with Copywriters and all team members to establish a preferred way of working.
- Attend assigned account status and kick-off meetings to represent editorial interests and negotiate on behalf of the department.
- Update, maintain, and share the Editorial Style Guide and Master Citation List with Copy and Account.
- Utilize the Editorial and Fact-Check Checklists and perform specific types of reads at the required stages in the life cycle of every project.
- Fact-check all claims of each project for accuracy and ensure citations are styled correctly—as reflected in the Master Citation List.
- Perform consistency checks when required, verifying that the language and artwork of derivative pieces are consistent with core piece.
- Support other editors when they have a heavy workload and participate in a rotating departmental nightly and weekend schedule.
- College degree—preferably English, Journalism, or Communications major.
- 1-3 years of editing experience in a pharmaceutical advertising agency or a medical
- Knowledge of and interest in the health care industry and pharmaceuticals.
- Superior editing skills and knowledge of AMA style.
- High level of language and communication skills, as well as an excellent grasp of grammar.
An award-winning Marketing and Creative Technology staffing agency, Profiles places the highest caliber candidates in Fortune 500 companies and successful organizations across the country. Our experienced recruiters focus on candidates drawn from the top 20% of job seekers nationwide. Profiles professionals are available for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD, Profiles has regional offices in Philadelphia, Richmond and Washington D.C.
Have you considered a contract position? Profiles offers the following benefits: competitive salary; 401(k) plan; weekly paycheck and bonus pay; health, vision and dental insurance; online software and soft skill training.
New job opportunities are listed daily – www.careerprofiles.com.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.