NETGEAR is looking for a highly-motivated and creative Digital Content Writer to join our Corporate Marketing team. This position will play a critical role in crafting messaging across various marketing channels (both on and offline) that resonates with consumers. Messaging will need to clearly articulate NETGEAR’s technology features, user benefits, and use-cases in a consumer-friendly way. This position will collaborate with internal/external agencies and creative partners. We are looking for a team member who can thrive working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, have the ability to act quickly, and work with a fun, energetic, dynamic team. This role can be based in San Jose, CA or remotely.
- Conceptualize and write clear, engaging content for creative initiatives, campaigns, and projects for a variety of digital and non-digital platforms including blogs, social media posts, e-mail campaigns, web content, video/radio scripts, product descriptions, catchy headlines, taglines, print and digital ads, and other marketing campaign collateral
- Manage production calendars for various content initiatives based on cross-brand product roadmaps. Help execute by writing relevant, appropriate content based on messaging objectives, target audience, and sales goals
- Develop a strong understanding of our company portfolio and product positioning, and leverage SEO principles to create content that helps improve page ranking and drives additional organic search traffic to our web content
- Review and decipher technical content and translate into digestible messaging for a non-technical audience to understand.
- Collaborate with people of all levels across the company and partner with subject matter experts, content creators, and graphic designers to provide messaging direction and microcopy to support the production of high-quality deliverables.
- Research, develop content for and offer ideas on how to use data and analysis creatively and effectively
- Interact with internal teams, forming successful partnerships across multiple areas of the company, including Corporate Marketing, Design team, Product and Product Marketing teams.
- Proofread, review and remediate content written by other internal resources to ensure consistent tone, style, and messaging alignment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field required
- 3+ years of experience in a content marketing or copywriting role for digital properties
- Demonstrated success in writing in multiple voices to target several different audiences
- Strong understanding of SEO and advertising principles in relation to copywriting
- Creative portfolio that demonstrates conceptual ability and writing skills
- Experience at a consumer technology and/or consumer electronics company is a plus
- Marketing experience crafting effective messaging strategies and value propositions across digital platforms.
- Strong proofreading skills; be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Patience and creative flexibility to revise work as directed
NETGEAR is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available people in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.