We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. we partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do.
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
Thinkful is updating their data analytics program to be the best-in-class remote data analytics program offered today. As part of this effort, we’re looking for a data analytics subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap and lesson writing for this exciting program. You will be working with the Instructional Design team and other subject matter experts to design and author lessons in a program that propels people into impactful careers as Data Analysts. You’ll produce written content, lesson plans including instructor notes and student activity descriptions, presentation decks, and instructional assets, all to support our students as they learn the core skills of data analytics.
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our curriculum release roadmap.
- Author new lesson content and edit existing lesson content based on specific learning objectives. In addition to the in-class experience, our students also spend time reading and completing tasks for a written curriculum hosted on the thankful platform.
- Create assets as needed to support lesson plans, student activities, and written curriculum content, such as:
- Presentation decks that instructors use to lecture students on a given learning objective.
- Instructor notes that instructors use alongside
- Activity descriptions — these are notes describing tasks students complete together in order to advance the learning objective in a given lecture.
- Iterate on deliverables based on user feedback.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a business analyst, data analyst, research analyst, product analyst, or similar functional role within an organization
- Excellent writing skills. You’ve got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way, and can appropriately scaffold content for beginners. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
- Comfortable collecting, blending, munging, cleaning, and analyzing disparate data sources using tools like Excel, SQL,Tableau, and Python
- You enjoy a collaborative remote work environment, partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Ability to contextualize skills and tools taught in the program to specific job functions or real-world work scenarios in a Data Analytics career
- Ability to use backward design to create content
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Analysts who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.