Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time Culture Writer to contribute interviews and features. Writers should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment and voice, and the ability to pitch timely, original content around culture news and trends, be it new album releases or upcoming films.
Candidates should also have demonstrated experience in writing reported features and essays from an inclusive and feminist perspective, as well as the ability to write quickly and cleanly.
- Closely follow music and film news and trends, and pitch relevant stories
- Report and write weekly interviews and features
- Contribute service posts and live coverage as needed
- Voracious appetite for music, film, and pop culture in general
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Excellent research skills
- 2+ years reporting/writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least 2 days a week
- Ability to meet deadlines
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.