Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our ‘remote first’ culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is looking for a remote writer to join our freelance team producing content for Kraken Learn. As Freelance Content Writer, you will write and edit clear, compelling, comprehensive, and technically sound crypto educational articles that cater to a wide audience.
Who You Are
You have a working understanding of cryptocurrency technology and the broader industry. You are a diligent and thorough researcher; you write clearly, concisely, logically and fluidly; and, you have a knack for making complex topics easy to understand. You will join a group of talented freelance writers dedicated to building out the Kraken Learn platform.
How We Work
Deliver one-to-three publishable articles per week. This includes first drafts as well as multiple rounds of edits to bring pieces to standard. This is a rare opportunity to gain a premiere crypto brand as an anchor client and to build out your portfolio with an impressive array of high quality content.
Show Us Your Work
The successful candidate must provide writing samples that demonstrate their ability to write long-form educational content on technical or complex subject matter at a high level. Submissions without writing samples will not be considered. Rate is commensurate with experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Write, edit, proofread, structure, and fact-check Kraken Learn articles
- Revise content based on feedback from Kraken Learn editors and subject matter experts
- Appropriately structure and weave in key words and phrases to improve SEO performance
- Identify opportunities to improve content for style, substance and clarity
- Be consistently available during the workday to communicate with editors and peers via video conference and messaging platforms while also attending team meetings as scheduled.
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Update project management tools and manipulate content management systems.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism, Engineering) or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience as a writer or editor. Additional crypto knowledge or experience preferred.
- Proven excellence in writing and editing
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables simultaneously
- Preference for those with experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience executing programs on deadline, accurately, efficiently and with an attention to detail
- Comfortable with content management systems
***Don’t forget to submit your top writing samples or a portfolio***
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.