- Write new copy and/or edit existing content in online and print training courses, infographics, presentations, printed materials, PDFs, video scripts, and other training materials
- Develop content based on instructional elements produced by the team. This includes organizing content appropriately, embedding documents and links, converting bulleted lists or other forms of raw information into paragraph form and vice versa, and reducing or summarizing longer pieces of text without losing key information
- Write training course content leading to the achievement of course outcomes, including introductions, objectives, summaries, and content consisting of lessons, steps, activities, assignments, and instructions
- Integrate training content from multiple contributors to ensure a unified voice and flow
- Review, edit, and correct errors to ensure that writing is easy to read and fits with the organization’s editorial style guides and standards, ensuring consistency within and across courses and assigned content
- Copy edit according to Training Production Team’s style. Remain current on IMB Style and other writing styles (AP Style, Chicago/Turabian) and other best practices in writing and editing for various outlets (both online and printed materials)
- Ensure content and course material meet company security standards
- Assist with course production tasks under the direction of the Project Manager, which could include entering, arranging, and formatting information in an online learning platform, creating PDFs and other documents, and other related tasks
- As necessary, consult on instructional design of a course with Project Lead, Training Team, or Project Shaping Team to ensure quality course design
- Utilize productivity tools to receive assignments, submit work, and communicate with the Training Team, Production Manager, or Project Lead to provide regular updates on assignments or seek clarification on tasks
- Perform other production, administrative, writing, or editorial tasks and attend meetings as required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a copy writer or copy editor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field – Writing, English, Communications, Journalism, Religion/Biblical Studies.
- Training/writing experience in the Education field is highly preferred.
- Experience developing courses or websites using blocks or an online Learning Management System (LMS) preferred.
- Experience with Adobe required.
- Strong Word Processing skills: ability to type, input, format, review, copy, paste, embed documents, and check links.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 360 including Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.