We’re looking for a passionate Content Writer who loves to conduct thorough research, come up with new ideas, and find valuable information to share with our audience of engaged marketing professionals. Longform, short form, and everything in between, you create content that captivates, educates, and inspires your audience. You’re able to convey complex concepts with simple words and lots of personality. You appreciate the value — to both a brand and a customer — of high quality content. You understand the impact of great content on SEO, branding, and bottom line results.
Our Content Writer should be an expert collaborator, driving projects within our Marketing team and working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure our content is aligned with business goals. Dyspatch is scaling and you’ll contribute to our content style guide, as well as build our brand with us.
If you have familiarity with writing paid ads (like for Google or LinkedIn) let us know — that would be a great asset in this role.
Salary: CAD $60,000 – 70,000 annually
We’re based in Canada and this role is open to candidates who have valid Canadian work authorization (a SIN) and currently reside in Canada. Our core meeting hours are 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Pacific Time, and we ask that you are available during that time frame — both for meetings and for connection.
Our team is remote first and also maintains an office in Victoria, BC for those who would like to work in the space full or part time. The successful candidate will be asked to start as a remote employee and will have the option to work out of our Victoria, BC headquarters when the pandemic has ended or to remain fully remote.
In the first three months, you’ll…
- Write and edit engaging content for blog posts, white papers, ebooks, social media channels, case studies, webinar scripts, press releases, landing pages, and email campaigns
- Assist with SEO tasks, like optimizing meta titles and descriptions
- Manage the social media calendar, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to increase reach with our content
- Work closely with the Content Marketing Manager to ensure a consistent brand voice across all channels and materials
- Respond to interactions, questions, and comments on our social media pages
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, and Customer Success teams to create content on relevant topics for our industry
In the first 12 months, you’ll…
- Conduct in-depth research in the email marketing space to produce original blogs and white papers that will rank well for SEO
- Research and write about thought leadership topics
- Conduct outreach to email industry experts to add additional value to content pieces and expand reach
- Track and analyze content performance across social channels, making data-informed decisions to influence future work
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and practices to develop copy that resonates with our target audience
Dyspatch is a leading email production platform that helps teams streamline their entire email creation process. Non-technical users can easily build emails with a library of pre-tested, on-brand modules and collaborate in the platform. Our portfolio also includes Sendwithus, a transactional email template management platform ideal for SMBs.
At Dyspatch, we believe work should be transparent, engaging, and take place at a sustainable pace. We constantly strive to be better, to be more inclusive, and to push ourselves outside our comfort zones, caring deeply about our customers, products, and our coworkers. We work to grow the communities around us, as we all grow stronger together.
We want our Dyspatchios to be supported at work, and well-cared for in their lives outside of it, offering:
– Generous time off, starting with three weeks of paid vacation – plus an extra week every year you’re with the company (to a max of 6 weeks), a winter holiday office closure, and personal time to take care of life
– Paid parental leave, topping up to 10 weeks
– An extended health program supporting the physical and mental health of you and those closest to you
– An annual pro-d budget, and the support to take advantage of it
– A wellness program designed for all activity levels and interests
– Flexible, remote-first schedules, allowing you to work when and where you feel your best.
If this position interests you, reach out with an updated resume, a link to your portfolio or a sample of a recent blog post, and a few lines on why you want to join the Dyspatch team.
We understand that experience can be gained in many ways and that skills are transferable. If you’ve had a non-traditional career path, or if there’s anything you want to clarify about your resume, let us know.
We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.