About The Role:
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a remote content update editor for our entertainment and lifestyle content. As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizable library of existing articles to improve the reader experience, drive additional traffic, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
We are looking for editors who can commit to 15-40 hours a week of work. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- Source and add imagery that aligns with project guidelines and brand visual style
- At least 3 years experience writing or editing entertainment, pop culture, or celebrity-focused content, preferably for a digital brand or magazine
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and write/edit content covering celebrities, movies, television, theater, pop culture, and related topics
- Comfortable with content management systems, including WordPress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You are comfortable working remotely
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Meredith. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Meredith recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Meredith Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.