We’re Ubiety Technologies Inc., a data and technology startup revolutionizing identity and presence monitoring in residential spaces with the first-of-its-kind smart home awareness solution, HomeAware. HomeAware empowers people with better awareness of the presence of others in their homes when they aren’t there. Helping people stay informed, assess false alarms from real ones, and have the information they need to act during a security situation.
We seek a Content Marketing Writer & Manager to join our growing team and lead our content strategy. This person can help people easily understand the value of a new concept — home awareness — and the HomeAware solution in the context of the traditional home security world. It will require a talented writer with a creative and strategic mindset to take our vision and communicate it with clarity and simplicity. We use data-driven insights to guide our work while also including a healthy dose of inspired storytelling. In addition, we strive to mature our brand narratives and marketing efforts.
As our sole content specialist, you’ll be responsible for ensuring content excellence across our company. You will be vital in establishing our brand voice, communicating how our technologies work, and clarifying how our product can improve people’s lives. You’ll be working at the intersection of business and editorial to deliver practical, effective content solutions and helping shape our content creative ideation and execution. The right candidate is an exceptional writer, versatile, highly organized, and an enthusiastic collaborator. This role includes a blend of content production and direction, making it ideal for a senior individual contributor or young director-level candidate eager to build their management skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your day-to-day will be working on expanding our content across broadening channels, enriching creative mediums, and crafting messaging tailored to targeted audiences, all while speaking from the Ubiety and HomeAware brand voices. Here are a few things you can be expected to deliver consistently:
- Help develop and maintain our brand voice and editorial standards both for Ubiety and our product HomeAware
- Write copy along the creative spectrum, from compelling email copy to informative blog posts and to clear instructional messages across a range of digital deliverables
- Lead the planning, production, and optimization of content
- Working closely with the team to ensure all content is impactful, brand-adherent, delivered on time, and based on channel best practices
- Develop and maintain our content calendar and generate ideas based on brand objectives, competitor research, and past performance
- Manage own workload, with minimal oversight, and within identified timelines
- Immerse yourself in our customer’s home security challenges as well as our technology and solution to create cohesive content marketing programs
- Distill complex technology into simple to understand language and narratives that even your grandmother can understand
- Cross-channel mastery: One concept, different mediums; you’ll be a master at making an idea translate effectively across all our marketing assets, whether delivered in an email, evergreen blog post, or ad campaign
What You’ll Need
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile content writer who is exceptionally qualified and a delight to work with.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating excellence in copywriting across a range of deliverables
- A minimum of 5-7 years of content marketing experience, preferably in a tech or startup environment
- Communication skills that leave no room for questions or angst; you’re straightforward and candid
- Ability to succeed as a sole writer in the organization
- Relentless high-quality standards and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Proven experience in building, maintaining, and optimizing content calendars
- A command of the complete content creation process, from discovery and research through writing and QA
- A love of Associated Press style (and ability to root out copy errors in any document)
- Demonstrated versatility in creating and refining content, from short-form social posts to long-form white papers and reports
- Experienced in writing for both technical audiences and non-technical and across a diverse range of topics
- A gift for turning technical concepts into content that people want to read
- The ability to think quickly on your feet, adapt to changing needs and balance multiple work-streams efficiently
- Comfortable working in a virtual creative environment using: Slack, Gsuite, Confluence, etc.
- Desired but not required: interest and experience in emerging technologies, product marketing, smart home, and security
What We’ll Do For You
- Give you the chance to build your creative and leadership skills
- Encourage you to learn, experiment, and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Trust you to own your work and measure success by outputs, not inputs
- Never ask you to work all weekend
- Support you as a professional and a person – we’re a friendly and focused group of creatives who work hard and have fun together
- Provide an excellent benefits package with unlimited vacation and flexible work style
- Work with a great team of incredibly talented peers
You’ll Fit In Here If You’re…
- A Go-Getter (A little ambiguity doesn’t scare you.)
- Responsible (People love working with you.)
- Curious (You start with “why?”)
- Meticulous (You always notice misspelled words.)
- Passionate (You love to write.)
- Honest and kind (You give credit where credit is due. You deliver constructive criticism and embrace feedback.)
Applying – Résumé & Portfolio
In your cover letter, we’d love to see more than just a recap of your résumé. Let us know:
- Who you are
- What do you love to do
- What do you do better than anyone
- Why Ubiety and/or HomeAware interests you
- Please include a note about what you’re currently reading and what you think about it
We prefer a Chicago-based applicant for in-person collaboration with the team but really want the right person, so we’re flexible. If you’re outside Chicago and think you’re an ideal fit, reach out.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.