Position: Comic Book Reviewer (Remote)
CBR is dedicated to achieving a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves. We welcome applications from women, BIPOC professionals, persons with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
CBR is looking for a dedicated and experienced Comic Book Reviewer. Do you keep up to date with all the big issues from Marvel and DC? Do you pour over the weekly crop of books from Image, IDW, Valiant, Boom and all the other fantastic publishers in the industry?
If so, and you have a proven track record of publishing thoughtful comic book reviews with insightful analysis, CBR wants you to join our constantly growing team!
Want to turn your passion for our beloved nerd culture into a stable writing gig? Do you think you’d like a great fit for our team? Apply to join the CBR Team today!
**Freelance and Contracted position**
- Write 1-3 reviews weekly, under a wide range of word counts
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in comics, tv, movies, video games, anime, manga, and anywhere else fandom may reach
- Coordinate with Features Editors and Senior CBR Editors for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
- 2 – 3 samples you would present right now as suitable CBR feature pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books, tv shows, original streaming programs, video games, anime, manga
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
Reviews will be assigned as needed by Editors. Successful candidates will also be invited to join the comics features team to contribute to our regular comics coverage.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you’d make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Link to our website: www.cbr.com
**This is a contracted, work from home, freelance position**
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.