We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- $900 billion market opportunity
- Exponential growth (10X revenue in 2020)
- Rockstar teammates. You will be working with a strong leadership team from Facebook, Alibaba, Amazon, Lending Club, GEICO, SoFi, etc.
About the role:
If you’re a passionate car enthusiast with an in-depth knowledge of all things automotive and a keen ability to break down complex topics for the everyday driver, Jerry wants you!
We’re looking for an editor with automotive expertise to partner with our VP of Content to refine and scale our content program, launch new verticals, experiment with new channels, and develop a diverse team of talented content creators. For a car guru who loves to build content of all kinds, thrives in ambiguity, and enjoys flirting with organized chaos, this is an opportunity to play a key role in shaping the tone and voice of a rapidly growing brand.
- Work closely with our VP of Content to shape our content strategy and operating structure as we aggressively scale our content production.
- Ideate on, plan, and execute new content verticals and initiatives.
- Develop and lead a team of writers and editors.
- Leverage our technical SEO, data analytics, and engineering teams to make insights-driven decisions about topic areas that will address our customer pain points and promote our growth as a brand authority.
- Refine our tone and voice as our brand narrative evolves across all digital media channels.
- Proven track record in a fast-paced digital environment editing world-class automotive content for a broad consumer audience
- Impeccable editing skills; ability to provide clear, constructive feedback about style, tone, and voice to writers of varying skill levels
- You set a high bar for yourself and for your team, and you are deeply accountable to your readers
- Experience spearheading new projects or launching new verticals an asset
- Experience in other digital content mediums (eg: podcasts, video, social media) an asset
- Bachelor Degree in a writing-intensive major (e.g. Journalism, Communications, English Literature, Media, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc.) an asset
Jerry is building the first Super App to save car owners time and money on all their car expenses. Drivers deserve better. That’s why we’re committed to making shopping for insurance, financing, maintenance, repairs, parking and more just a few clicks, texts, or swipes away.
Jerry is taking processes that haven’t substantively changed in decades and reimagining and redesigning them. Using artificial intelligence, machine learning and bots, Jerry eliminates the need for long forms and phone calls while providing personalized services for all car-owners’ needs.
Today, Jerry is the #1 rated and most downloaded app in its category and the fastest way to compare and buy car insurance. We just passed our 1M customer mark in the car insurance category and we are just getting started. Jerry is replicating that frictionless experience in other car expense categories.
Join our team of curious and passionate people who love tackling real-world problems and be a part of building a revolutionary product that’s disrupting a massive market.
Jerry was founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic and has raised more than $130 million in financing.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.